Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 5 Assignment for EDLD 5326

I have completed the first few steps of my action research plan. My plan consists of tracking progress for 17 teachers and trying to make them more effective teachers.  I have met with each teacher to explain the purpose and background of my action plan.  These meetings were multi-purposed.  Each one was approximately 30 minutes long.  In attendance was myself, each teacher (one at the time) and my Principal.  The meetings were a success.  The teachers are aware that I have the full support of my principal, they are aware that this is only meant to help them, and they were able to ask questions.  The most common question was, “Why me?”  I chose teachers from every grade level, every background, and every experience level.  My end goal is to find out what makes teachers more effective but the action plan is to increase teacher effectiveness. In addition to the meetings, I have also observed each teacher’s classroom teaching skills twice.  The first observation was a 10 minute walk-through while the second observation was a 30 minute full term observation.  After the 10 minute walk-through, I met with each teacher in passing and sent them an e-mail about what I saw and what we need to work on together.  After the 30 minute observation, I met with each teacher during their conference time and followed up with an email as well.  Next I am having the teachers write up two areas in which they would like to improve the most.  We will discuss what they need to make this happen.  This will include supplies, professional developments, and/or learning opportunities like best practice observations and observing other teachers in other schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment